Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Mod Monday - Interesting NPCs


Now before you all think I'm stupid and think that Tuesday is Monday, I'll have you know that I was busy yesterday and still wanted to update you all on Interesting NPCs.

So remember how I was complaining last week how Interesting NPCs is too big and my computer isn't beefy enough. Well, I decided to try it anyway! (Yes, I am a little crazy.) The amazing thing? Skyrim still runs as it did before I installed Interesting NPCs! (*NOTE* I do have Skyrim Script Extender installed which might be why Skyrim wasn't destroyed.)


I absolutely LOVE Interesting NPCs! It's AWESOME! There are literally no words for how amazing it is! You get random people talking to you all over the place! (I love that, maybe you don't. Well, maybe this mod isn't for you.) There is even a little orphan in Riften who steals money from you! It also ads a lot more Khajiit and Argonians to the world! Another amazing thing? YOU CAN PLAY BARDIC INSTRUMENTS! Not spontaneously of course, but you can play with other bards as a part of their dialogue options! I am screaming way too much so I'll just let the developer Kris Takahashi explain:

"Interesting NPCs is a project to add color and life to Skyrim through three-dimensional characters. Each NPC is integrated into the world, with a backstory and an extensive dialogue tree to explore. Many of these characters are fully voiced by a talented team of over 80 voice actors. The dialogue choices allow you to role-play, providing humor and depth to each conversation. You can be a jerk or a jester, a white knight or an assassin, as the most important character is you.

The download is 2 gigs if I remember correctly, which is pretty daunting. But I definitely recommend this mod and I still recommend last week's mod as well. I also recommend you check out the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) if you have problems with Skyrim slowing and crashing on you after you install this mod and any others that add a lot of dialogue.


Original SKSE Silverlock Link (This site is FINE. This is where I downloaded SKSE.)
SKSE Steam Link (Additional link for those who may be scared of the Silverlock link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment